Forms & Publications
Welcome Spring & Summer
Spring into summer with Parks & Recreation! Longer days and warmer temperatures are the perfect combination for getting outdoors, discovering your community and reconnecting with family and friends. New is the reopening of mountain bike trails at Upper County Park and youth group primitive camping at Upper County Park; also featured in this edition are the new splash pad and outdoor pools at County parks. Read more about these fun-filled water amenities beginning on page 50!
We’re offering more than 20 special events including Project 547 plus returning favorites Family Fun Fest, Freedom Stories and family movie nights. New programming includes Stargazing with NASA, State Park Passport Tour, Guides to Genealogy and adult dodgeball!
We’ve got camp too with more than 100 offerings focused on the arts, science, cooking, languages, sports, music and technology. If the temperatures soar, come inside our Centers for cool fitness and fun – walk the track, dive in the pool or sign up for a class to learn something new!
With your help, Parks & Recreation remains an award winning, nationally accredited agency. The County’s outdoor community features 17 parks covering 1,592 acres of park land…with 10 of the parks offering 23 trails spanning 46 miles for citizens and visitors to enjoy. The department offers more than 3,400 customer-driven year-round programs for all ages and abilities. on. Please spend a few minutes with this edition of Destination Recreation and share it with your family and friends, we’re sure you’ll find a park, a trail or program that you, your child or your family can try each month! Improve your health and sense of well-being, engage in new activities and provide unique opportunities to play and to learn individually or as a family. If there’s a program you don’t see but would like to see offered, please let us know. Copies of the brochure are available for pick up at any Parks & Recreation facility, park office, public County office and at Williamsburg Library and the James City County Library. The brochure is available online at any time!
We’re focused on you – providing outstanding customer service through our professional team of employees and award-winning facilities!
Learn more about James City County Parks & Recreation.
- Athletic Fields Courts Reservation Form (PDF)
- Birthday Pool Party Form (PDF)
- Fishing Tournament Reservation Form (PDF)
- Indoor Facility Request Form (PDF)
- Indoor Tournament Information and Application (PDF)
- Legacy Hall Reservation Agreement Form (PDF)
- Legacy Hall Tent Rental Form (PDF)
- Outdoor Tournament Information and Application (PDF)
- Pool Facility Request Form (PDF)
- Shelter Reservation Form (PDF)
- Special Park Use Application Form (PDF)
- Chickahominy Riverfront Park Rules (PDF)
- Diascund Reservoir Rules (PDF)
- Greensprings Interpretive Trail Rules (PDF)
- Ironbound Park Rules (PDF)
- Jamestown Beach Event Park Rules (PDF)
- Little Creek Reservoir Rules (PDF)
- Powhatan Creek Park Rules (PDF)
- Skate Park Rules (PDF)
- Veterans Park Rules (PDF)
- FY2018 Annual Report (PDF)
- FY2017 Annual Report (PDF)
- FY2016 Annual Report (PDF)
- FY2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- FY2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- FY2013 Annual Report (PDF)
- FY2012 Annual Report (PDF)
- Chickahominy Riverfront Park Campground Map (PDF)
- Freedom Park Trail Map (PDF)
- Ironbound Park Map (PDF)
- Jamestown Beach Event Park Map (PDF)
- Mid County Multiuse Trail Map (PDF)
- Recreation Center Park Trail Map (PDF)
- Upper County Park Trail Map (PDF)
- Diascund Reservoir Park Map (PDF)
- Greensprings Powhatan Trails Guide (PDF)
- Greensprings Powhatan Trails Map (PDF)
- Veterans Park Trail Map (PDF)
- Warhill Multiuse Trail Map (PDF)