How can I get in compliance?

The facility manager can contact the JCSA Regulatory Compliance Office at 757-259-4138. If you don’t have a grease control device (GCD) and need to install one, the property owner will be required to file for a permit for device installation. This may be done through JCC Building Safety and Permits office located in the James City County Government Center, 101 Mounts Bay Road, Building E. or online via Permitlink. This ensures proper installation with an accredited plumbing contractor for a correctly sized grease collection device that will meet the code requirements, the Hampton Roads Regional Technical Standards for Grease Control Devices and the JCSA Fats, Oil and Grease Program and Policy. Additionally, the facility should follow the administrative and maintenance instructions provided in the two aforementioned Regulatory Guidance documents.

Show All Answers

1. What is FOG?
2. What are the negative impacts of FOG?
3. What is a Grease Control Device?
4. What is a gravity grease interceptor and how does it work?
5. What is hydromechanical grease interceptor and how does it work?
6. What is a Food Service Establishment (FSE)?
7. Do I need a grease control device?
8. Can you recommend a maintenance schedule?
9. Do I have to have any training on proper FOG handling procedures?
10. How can I get in compliance?
11. Do I have to keep any records?
12. What if I don’t install a grease control device?
13. How does the JCSA ensure compliance?
14. Are there any fees or penalties for non-compliance?
15. What are the criteria for inspecting grease control devices?
16. What about using my garbage disposal or use detergent to wash it down the drain?
17. What is the JCSA doing about educating the public?