How do I request public records from Constitutional Officers?

James City County’s elected constitutional officers: Commonwealth’s Attorney, Treasurer, Commissioner of the Revenue, Registrar and Sherriff and Circuit Court are the legal custodians of their own respective records, and have separate disclosure exemptions applicable to some of their records. If we receive a request for records that are held by one of those officials, we will refer the requester to that official.

Contact constitutional offices below:

Circuit Court Clerk Mona A. Foley, Elizabeth O’Connor, 757-564-2358 (direct) 757-564-2242 (main office) Williamsburg/James City County Circuit Court 5201 Monticello Avenue, Suite 6 Williamsburg, VA 23188

Commissioner of the Revenue Richard Bradshaw 757-253-6695

Commonwealth’s Attorney Jill Kean  757-564-2277 (office) 757-564-2288 (fax) 5201 Monticello Avenue, Suite 4 Williamsburg, VA 23188-8213

Office of Elections Dianna S. Moorman 757-253-6868

Sherriff David Hardin 757 564-2220

Treasurer 757-253-6705

Show All Answers

1. What records are available to the public?
2. How do I request a public record?
3. What information do I need to provide to make a public records request?
4. When can I expect my request to be processed?
5. How will I receive the records I request?
6. Will I have to pay for the records?
7. When can a request be denied?
8. Who is the County's FOIA Officer?
9. Where can I find more information about FOIA?
10. How do I request public records from Constitutional Officers?