- Off-Leash Dog Area
- Picnic Areas
- Walking Trails
The eight pickle ball courts are open and are available 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
About Veterans Park
Veterans Park is home to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial monument donated by local resident David Hooker in 1993 to honor residents who gave their lives in the Vietnam War. The 19-acre park is also home to Kidsburg, a 30,000-square-foot lighted playground that features separate play areas for children ages 2-5 and 5-12, a ship replica, swing areas, and 2 zip lines. Other park amenities include an indoor multipurpose room, 0.6-mile paved ADA accessible multiuse trail, sand volleyball courts, lighted basketball courts and pickleball courts, Wi-Fi connectivity, an off-leash dog area and lots of open space.
Off Leash Area
Veterans Park contains a large off-leash area where dogs can run freely without a leash. One fenced area is for smaller dogs weighing 30 pounds or less, and the other area is for all dogs. The area is located at the back of the park, with a parking lot entrance off Monticello Avenue. The area is open sunrise to sunset. Patrons must observe the following rules:
- Dog handlers must be age 16 years or older.
- Dog handlers are legally responsible for the actions of their dogs and any injuries or damage caused by them. Users of the off-leash area do so at their own risk.
- Dogs may only run free in the off-leash area. A leash is required in other areas of the park.
- Dog waste must be removed and properly disposed of in the waste stations available onsite.
- Handlers must be in sight and voice range control of their dogs at all times; do not leave dogs unattended.
- No more than two dogs per visit are permitted.
- Professional training of dogs on site is not allowed.
- Use of the area by animals other than dogs is prohibited.
- Dogs must have a current license and be up to date on all vaccinations.
- Dogs must not be allowed to dig holes, harass other dogs, people or wildlife.
If you need assistance or have comments or concerns, please call the Park Office at 757-259-5360 or email email@example.com. For all emergencies call 911.
Shelter & Court Rentals
Visit our Park Fees page for more information about reserving shelter, court or meeting space.
- Public Facilities Rules & Regulations (PDF)
- Shelter Reservation Form (PDF)
- Indoor Facility Request Form (PDF)
- Veterans Park Trail Map (PDF)
- Athletic Field/Courts Reservation Form (PDF)
- Annual Instructional Class Park Use Permit (PDF)
- Pickleball-Basketball Tournament Application (PDF)
Tents, Inflatables, Generators and Other
Single, free standing tents, up to 16’x16’, are permitted in open space within the park, but not permitted within 100’ of picnic shelters, the playground, sports courts, parking lot, pedestrian paths or on the patio. Tents must be anchored per manufacturer’s recommendations, with tie downs marked in a noticeable manner and may not be combined with other tents.